Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Recognition


John 12: 12 The next day a great multitude that had come to the feast, when they heard that Jesus was coming to Jerusalem, 13 took branches of palm trees and went out to meet Him, and cried out:
“Hosanna!
‘Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord!’
The King of Israel!”

============

“Want to attend this event?” was a question posed to me by a co-worker. “Sure” I said, not knowing what the event was. When we arrived, there was a red carpet for us to walk on. People took pictures of me as I was walking into the entrance. “Who do they think I am?” I thought to myself. When I got in, there were stars and professional football players. It was one of the athlete’s birthday and he put on a star studded event.

  • I have seen people who get a lot of attention.
  • I have been in a position where people recognized me.
  • I have attended events where only those who had “special” access could get in.


JESUS came into town after performing many miracles that were seen by huge crowds. There could be no denial, this was and is THE KING. People recognized HIM and made sure no mud would get on HIS feet. There were also some who waved the branches in celebration!

  • JESUS wants me to recognize HIM as my Savior.
  • JESUS wants me to make HIM the celebrity of my life.
  • JESUS wants me to get excited about HIS presence, each and every day.


Focusing in on JESUS is something that should be done daily. But sometimes work, or worries or winsome things distract me from celebrating GOD. HE wants me to shout HIS name and say “Thank YOU!” JESUS deserves my praise. I am glad to give it to HIM.

  • What celebrities are you following?
  • Do you know more about them than you do about JESUS?
  • Will you reduce your elevation of other humans and elevate JESUS to GOD of your life today?



No comments:

Post a Comment