Friday, October 25, 2019

Political Suicide


John 12: 42 Nevertheless even among the rulers many believed in Him, but because of the Pharisees they did not confess Him, lest they should be put out of the synagogue; 43 for they loved the praise of men more than the praise of God.

============

“Will you say a brief word of encouragement about GOD to a large group of employees?” someone asked me. Thinking this would be political suicide, I declined. I mean, people possibly know I believe in GOD and that should be enough, right?

  • I have hid my belief in GOD, in the past.
  • I have been bold about GOD when no one could see or hear my words, in the past.
  • I have gone to church and felt that was enough, in the past.


There were some who believe in JESUS, but were too afraid of their political or social standing among the crowd. For some, their titles were more important than speaking boldly about GOD, Mine was. BUT GOD wanted something different from me.

  • GOD wants to say “well done” when I follow HIM.
  • GOD wants to give me heavenly rewards for serving those HE sends me to.
  • GOD wants to praise me like when all of heaven rejoiced when I accepted CHRIST as my Savior.


All powerful, all knowing, all seeing and everywhere are a few attributes of GOD. Yet, this incredible being wants to praise me. HIS only desire is that I mention that JESUS decided to become human and take my punishment of death. While it seems easy, it isn’t.

The social status and political praise of humans can sometimes get in the way. GOD wants my whole heart and sometimes I have to decide whether I will serve HIM or men. I choose GOD.

  • Who are you serving?
  • Are you afraid to tell people you fully believe in GOD?
  • Will you drop your façade today and tell someone about your belief in JESUS?


No comments:

Post a Comment