Thursday, October 10, 2019

Today’s Plan


John 12: Then, six days before the Passover, Jesus came to Bethany, where Lazarus was who had been dead, whom He had raised from the dead. There they made Him a supper; and Martha served, but Lazarus was one of those who sat at the table with Him. Then Mary took a pound of very costly oil of spikenard, anointed the feet of Jesus, and wiped His feet with her hair. And the house was filled with the fragrance of the oil.

============

Ask, “What are you going to do today?”, to your team so they can become more productive. I thought this was a great question so I not only asked them, I asked myself. The answers I got were highly ambitious, yet productive. “I am going to get more done using this simple question” I thought to myself.

  • Some days I filled the hours with “being productive.”
  • Some days I woke up working all the way until I went to bed.
  • Some days I had no time for anything else but work.


JESUS went back to see Lazarus. Martha served JESUS as this was one of her gifts. Lazarus, being GOD’s example, sat with HIM. Mary saw JESUS’s dirty feet again. She remembered HIS reaction to the Pharisee who did not offer any water. I supposed she said, “Not in this house” as she used expensive oil and her hair to wipe away the mud.

  • JESUS wants my attention.
  • JESUS wants me to serve HIM.
  • JESUS wants my highest honor.


Since I am not omnipresent, I can only be in one place at one time. When I plan my day so full of “being productive” I sometimes miss out on doing what GOD called me to do. HE allows me to be busy, but there are times when HE wants me to quiet down and just be with HIM. I am glad part of GOD’s work is simply just being with HIM.

  • What are you going to do today?
  • Are you going to fill your day up so full that you cannot hear GOD?
  • Will you add GOD to your plan today and quiet down to listen to what HE wants to say?


No comments:

Post a Comment