Thursday, October 17, 2019

Security


John 12: 17 Therefore the people, who were with Him when He called Lazarus out of his tomb and raised him from the dead, bore witness. 18 For this reason the people also met Him, because they heard that He had done this sign. 19 The Pharisees therefore said among themselves, “You see that you are accomplishing nothing. Look, the world has gone after Him!”

============

Looking around at the other seniors, I could see they had nice clothes. I started rationalizing why I would not get the job. I mean I was wearing the same suit I wore at my high school graduation. “And they probably cheated to get through college” I said to myself. “And they probably lied in their interviews.” I don’t like those people.

  • There were times when I was very insecure.
  • There were times when my insecurities led me to protect myself by not trying.
  • There were times when I thought negatively of others not knowing I thought negatively of myself.


Jealousy ignited amongst the church leaders as they were losing their crowd. “The whole world goes after HIM” were their words. But they were said in anger, not in praise. They were not feeling secure, and desired to get that security back. They made a plan made from hatred.

  • JESUS wants me to place my security in HIM.
  • JESUS wants me to seek HIM for my validation.
  • JESUS wants me to trust in HIS decisions and not worry how I look.


GOD wants me to give my desires to HIM. HE can take my dreams and do what HE wants in the time HE wants. HE says to me “If you feel lonely, insecure or protective of yourself, then come to me and I will help you.”

JESUS can take my negative view of others and make me see people as HE sees them. HE values when I feel secure in HIS promises towards me. I am grateful HE holds onto me and will never let me go.

  • Are you insecure?
  • Do you speak negatively of others, not knowing how you feel about yourself?
  • Will you allow GOD to open your eyes to HIS grace for you and “those” people today?


No comments:

Post a Comment