Friday, October 11, 2019

Saying the Right Things


John 12:But one of His disciples, Judas Iscariot, Simon’s son, who would betray Him, said, “Why was this fragrant oil not sold for three hundred denarii and given to the poor?” This he said, not that he cared for the poor, but because he was a thief, and had the money box; and he used to take what was put in it.

But Jesus said, “Let her alone; she has kept this for the day of My burial. For the poor you have with you always, but Me you do not have always.”

============

Laughing at what was said by another classmate, I was signaled by the Sunday school teacher to give the answer. “Um, JESUS?” I said, knowing it was a safe answer. I mean, it was either HIM, or Noah or Daniel. “JESUS was not Abraham’s wife, it was Sarah” was her reply. Okay, the reply was a joke, because I could not remember the actual question, but the situation was true.

  • There were times when I mouthed the name “GOD” without any meaning.
  • There were times when I said “JESUS” because it was the right thing to say.
  • There were times when I prayed with others because they were praying and I just went along with it.


Judas the betrayer tried to show concern for the poor by saying the expensive oil used on JESUS’s feet could have been sold and given to them. JESUS did not expose Judas at that time, rather HE explained that her actions were SPIRIT led and would be used to prepare HIM for HIS death.

  • GOD wants me to speak about HIM from my heart.
  • GOD wants me to say the name of JESUS, knowing it has true power.
  • GOD wants me to express HIS love without doubt or manipulative motives.


Saying GOD or JESUS may sound like the right thing, but if said without the heart believing in HIM, the words are worthless. GOD wants me to say what I believe. Whatever is in my heart will be exposed. I am grateful JESUS fills my heart with HIS SPIRIT.

  • What are you saying?
  • What do you truly believe when no one is looking?
  • Can you ask GOD to fill your heart so HIS words will flow through you today?


No comments:

Post a Comment