Monday, October 7, 2019

Real Motive


John 11: 45 Then many of the Jews who had come to Mary, and had seen the things Jesus did, believed in Him. 46 But some of them went away to the Pharisees and told them the things Jesus did. 47 Then the chief priests and the Pharisees gathered a council and said, “What shall we do? For this Man works many signs. 48 If we let Him alone like this, everyone will believe in Him, and the Romans will come and take away both our place and nation.”

============

“Why do you want this leadership position?” they asked me in the interview. I couldn’t say, I thought most of the department was lazy and deserved to be fired. I replied, “To further the interests of the company.”

  • There were times when I had “other” motives.
  • There were times when I protected my motives so I could protect my position.
  • There were times when I wanted something because of the wrong motives.


Many Jews believed, but some slipped off and told the church leaders that JESUS raised a person from the dead. This was an impossible act to follow. The church leaders became extremely worried and finally mentioned their real motive. They preached just enough to keep everyone focused on them rather on the true GOD.

  • GOD wants me to point people to HIM.
  • GOD wants me to allow HIM to be the center of attention.
  • GOD wants my motive for doing things to be because of HIM.


Motive needs to be checked every day. No one knows my motives, but GOD. HE can see right down to the core and know when I am telling the truth and when I am fooling myself to believe a lie that HE wants me to let go of. GOD wants me to place every thought in front of HIM.

Even when my thoughts are not aligned with GOD, HE wants me to give those to HIM too. HE desires that I willingly come to HIM with everything I have. HE wants to be in control and gently guides me to let go of the power I may seek. I place my trust in JESUS.

  • What perception are you trying to protect?
  • Are you clinging onto hidden things so you will look good to others?
  • Will you take the less popular route and admit to others your flaws, so they will know it is alright to accept GOD just as they are?


No comments:

Post a Comment