Monday, October 28, 2019

Legalese Corrected


John 12: 44 Then Jesus cried out and said, “He who believes in Me, believes not in Me but in Him who sent Me. 45 And he who sees Me sees Him who sent Me. 46 I have come as a light into the world, that whoever believes in Me should not abide in darkness. 47 And if anyone hears My words and does not believe, I do not judge him; for I did not come to judge the world but to save the world. 48 He who rejects Me, and does not receive My words, has that which judges him—the word that I have spoken will judge him in the last day. 49 For I have not spoken on My own authority; but the Father who sent Me gave Me a command, what I should say and what I should speak. 50 And I know that His command is everlasting life. Therefore, whatever I speak, just as the Father has told Me, so I speak.”

============

“You have to be dressed in your best clothes” I was told. Also, “You should not hang around with people who do ‘those’ things.”  “Give to the building fund.” And another thing… “Wait a minute” I thought to myself. It was too many rules just to go to church. I tried to follow them but became exhausted. I stopped going.

  • I remember trying to make GOD into a strict disciplinarian.
  • I remember looking at GOD as a strict warden, imprisoning me in rules I could not possibly follow.
  • I remember seeing church as a place that upheld a bunch of man-made rules that seemed powerless.


The people had just expressed their dissatisfaction with JESUS saying HE would die. ”The CHRIST cannot die” were their legal words, implying HE must have been a fake. JESUS explained why HE came. HE also explained that if they did not believe in HIM, the very words they use would speak against them.

  • JESUS wants me to learn about HIS difficulty with church leaders who place too many rules on people.
  • JESUS wants me to be a follower of HIS life.
  • JESUS wants me to teach the love of the FATHER, that is often overlooked.


Everlasting life is the FATHER’s desire. The only way to achieve this is to believe in JESUS. HE has given us a way back to HIM, but we must believe that we were lost. GOD wants me to understand that one prideful being decided he wanted to be GOD.

The plot against humanity led to introducing sin into it. This could enable every human to be taken away from GOD. BUT GOD decided to become a human and live a perfect life, tempted in every way. HE died without committing a sin and rose as the Most High. This is where I place my belief.

  • Are you following a lot of man-made rules?
  • Have you twisted what GOD says to humans in the Bible to control them into following you?
  • Will you release your hostages and give them to GOD by pointing them to JESUS and HIS compassion today?


No comments:

Post a Comment