Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Word Power


John 11: 49 And one of them, Caiaphas, being high priest that year, said to them, “You know nothing at all, 50 nor do you consider that it is expedient for us that one man should die for the people, and not that the whole nation should perish.” 51 Now this he did not say on his own authority; but being high priest that year he prophesied that Jesus would die for the nation, 52 and not for that nation only, but also that He would gather together in one the children of God who were scattered abroad.

============

“Ooo, You gonna get married” I said to the kissing couple in a teasing fashion. Not knowing what marriage was, I thought this statement would embarrass the smiling duo. Weeks, later, the couple did get married. I was bored to tears at the wedding, because I was only in my single digits of age.

  • There were times when I spoke the truth but did not know what I was saying.
  • There were times when I said something off the top of my head that came true without thinking about what I said.
  • There were times when I voiced the right answer, not knowing how I knew it.


Caiaphas, the high priest, said something off the top of his head, not knowing what he was predicting. He told all of the church leaders to be calm, because we are going to kill JESUS so the nation would not perish. He was thinking one way but his words had profound meaning.

  • GOD wants my words to have profound meaning.
  • GOD wants my words to be guided by HIS SPIRIT.
  • GOD wants my words to be HIS words as I seek to speak to those HE sends me to.


Words are more powerful than most people think. Some can enrage, while others can encourage. GOD wants me to purposefully use words to get people to remember their true purpose, namely to be a child of GOD. JESUS would in fact die for the world, as predicted. I am glad HE is alive and sends me with HIS SPIRIT to speak the right words.

  • What words are you saying the most?
  • Do you hurl insults and speak poisonous, negative words as your primary source of communication?
  • Will you stop trying to be negatively shocking and focus encouraging words, to those who you are sent to, by GOD today?


No comments:

Post a Comment