Friday, March 18, 2016

It Starts With Reality


Isaiah 59: 20 “The Redeemer will come to Zion,
    to those in Jacob who repent of their sins,”
declares the Lord.
21 “As for me, this is my covenant with them,” says the Lord. “My Spirit, who is on you, will not depart from you, and my words that I have put in your mouth will always be on your lips, on the lips of your children and on the lips of their descendants—from this time on and forever,” says the Lord.

============

“I don’t know” were the first words I could think of to deflect the wrath of my parents when asked who broke the “insert object.” Spray paint on the dented car was my way of concealing the accident. A friend of mine said these words to himself that made me think about the path that I was on… “I’m lying even when I don’t have to lie, what do I have to gain by that?”

  • There were times where I did not want to face consequence.
  • There were times where I did not desire to be the blame.
  • There were times where I did not want to confess because I might not get my way.


Little did I know that one lie piles on top of another and then another. Soon I was living in a pseudo reality that I cannot remember what the truth looked like. One day I sat at my desk and said “No more lies!” I looked at my resume and took all the false statements of where I wanted to be versus what I had truly accomplished. What do you know, it worked!

  • GOD wants me to see that I am a sinner and I need HIS grace.
  • GOD wants me to recognize that “I” am the problem, not HIM.
  • GOD wants me to understand that I need to own up to my sins and accept HIS consequence in order to grow up and truly have a relationship with HIM.


Little by little I started telling the truth in other areas of my life. Soon I was excelling because I could get help from those who had been in my shoes and faced the same problems or overcome the difficulties I was going through. I found people who were there to help me and I soon realized that GOD was doing the same.

HE wants me to confess my sins to HIM, acknowledging that they are against HIM. GOD forgives me when I acknowledge I need HIM.

  • Do you need to be forgiven or are you digging in your heals in your reality?
  • Are you growing up or do you still have to be right?
  • Can you allow GOD to give you the consequence you deserve so HE can grow you?
  • Will you open up your eyes to start seeking HIM again so HE will always be with you?


No comments:

Post a Comment