Thursday, March 31, 2016

The Call to Return


Jeremiah 2: 26 “As a thief is disgraced when he is caught,
    so the people of Israel are disgraced—
they, their kings and their officials,
    their priests and their prophets.
27 They say to wood, ‘You are my father,’
    and to stone, ‘You gave me birth.’
They have turned their backs to me
    and not their faces;
yet when they are in trouble, they say,
    ‘Come and save us!’

============

Pouting, I said “I will not serve you.” My immaturity said it all. I mean, I was not getting my way no matter how hard I was praying. I was tired of “my” circumstance and I decided that GOD must have been the problem.

  • When I tried to leave GOD, it was simply an excuse to go my own way.
  • When I tried to ignore GOD, it was simply a justification for my abysmal actions.
  • When I tried to blame GOD, it was simply a cover up for what I was doing wrong.


Blame is truly easy to do. Instead of taking responsibilities for “my” actions I look to GOD and say, “What is YOUR problem?” I then try to justify my blame by pointing out to HIM how wrong HE is by not loving me the way I think I should be loved. Fortunately GOD is superior.

  • GOD has unlimited love for me so HE accepts my return to HIM.
  • GOD has endless belief in me so HE receives my return when I believe in HIM.
  • GOD has infinite faith in me so HE receives my return when I put my trust in HIM.


Returning to GOD is a must. HE stays right where HE is until I realize that “I” am the problem, not HIM. HE wants me to turn my face towards HIM as I did in my youth. HE wants my childlike trust instead of matured blame and doubt. When I place my full trust in GOD, HE has never disappointed me. When I say “Come save me” HE is there ungrudgingly.

  • Are you blaming?
  • Do you think GOD or someone else is “the problem?”
  • Can you open your eyes and recognize the need to turn your face to GOD?
  • Will you grow up and see the immaturity of your relationship with GOD?


No comments:

Post a Comment