Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Hated and Appalled


Isaiah 52: 13 See, my servant will act wisely;
    he will be raised and lifted up and highly exalted.
14 Just as there were many who were appalled at him—
    his appearance was so disfigured beyond that of any human being
    and his form marred beyond human likeness—
15 so he will sprinkle many nations,
    and kings will shut their mouths because of him.
For what they were not told, they will see,
    and what they have not heard, they will understand.

============

“Hey ” the crowd called out in a mocking fashion. “Not so powerful now are you?” they jeered. One person spit, then the next. Soon the crowd got comfortable and because everyone else was focused on this one person, they joined in. No spotlight on anyone in the mob, rather the beacon shined directly on one poor soul.

  • It is easy to join in the crowd.
  • It is easy to be part of the mob.
  • It is easy to say what is wrong and become part of the problem rather than being part of the solution.


Mobs look for what is wrong and try to rally people to their cause. Labels are quickly put in place that everyone around agrees with and suddenly the mob can do what they want to do because “everyone else” is doing it. This is unfortunate for the mob.

  • JESUS was appalled by HIS own creation.
  • JESUS was beaten to the point of disfiguration.
  • JESUS was marred beyond human likeness.


Which side of the mob would I have been on? Would I spit on JESUS or would I risk my life and step into help HIM. This test happens daily. The hard choice to follow GOD is placed in front of me on a daily basis. Will I hide my relationship with JESUS in order to get ahead? Will I slander “that” person in order to look right in everyone else’s eyes? Will I go against GOD’s word and sin anyway?

GOD has done far more that I can imagine for me. HE went out on a limb to save me and has faced far more than I have ever faced. HIS ridicule and defacement won’t last though. HE acted wisely and took on every human’s sins, even mine. HE is now raised and lifted up. HE IS highly exalted!

  • Are you part of the mob?
  • Do you try to rally people to “your” cause rather than spreading GOD’s word?
  • Can you stop slandering and start spreading the GOOD NEWS?
  • Will you recognize what JESUS has done for you today?


No comments:

Post a Comment