Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Placing My Trust


Isaiah 47: Our Redeemer—the Lord Almighty is his name—
    is the Holy One of Israel.
“Sit in silence, go into darkness,
    queen city of the Babylonians;
no more will you be called
    queen of kingdoms.
I was angry with my people
    and desecrated my inheritance;
I gave them into your hand,
    and you showed them no mercy.
Even on the aged
    you laid a very heavy yoke.

============

“Can you get rid of a third of the department” was the killer question in my interview. I was at a point in my life where firing people was no longer where I wanted to be. I remember my hand trembled during the discussion. I could not lie. “No” I answered. I did not get the position.

  • There were places that I have been where I had to be “tough.”
  • There were places that I have been where I had to be “thick skinned.”
  • There were places that I have been where I had to be “so cool that I was cold.”


Praised many times over for firing people, I felt strange for a change. Would my legacy be that of a wealthy cold hearted person without compassion? That was my course. BUT GOD rescued me from myself.

  • GOD said to me “Do not focus on Babylon as your redeemer” meaning GOD is my only savior.
  • GOD said to me “Do not put your trust in Egypt” meaning my trust needs to be focused on HIM and HIM alone.
  • GOD said to me “Do not fear those who can hurt the body, but fear the ONE who can hurt the soul” meaning I need to have a healthy fear of the LORD and follow HIS way.


The world cheers after cold hearted, non-compassionate heroes and that was my path. BUT GOD saw fit to remove me from that path and open my eyes. HE wants me to pray for people not blame them for their existence. HE wants me to point them to HIS ark of salvation while there is still time. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

  • Are you being “tough?”
  • Do you feel you need to be combative with those people?
  • Can you allow GOD to melt you heart and to provide compassion?
  • Will you truly seek GOD rather than mouthing the words and allow HIM to ruin you to the world while building you up for HIS kingdom?


No comments:

Post a Comment