Thursday, March 3, 2016

Paying Attention in Class

Isaiah 48: 17 This is what the Lord says—
    your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel:
“I am the Lord your God,
    who teaches you what is best for you,
    who directs you in the way you should go.
18 If only you had paid attention to my commands,
    your peace would have been like a river,
    your well-being like the waves of the sea.
19 Your descendants would have been like the sand,
    your children like its numberless grains;
their name would never be blotted out
    nor destroyed from before me.”

============

Looking out the window, I could see the trees gently moving in the warm breeze. “Was that a squirrel?” I thought to myself. Then the teacher called on me and woke me up from my daydream. I should have been paying attention.

  • There were times that I should have paid attention to what is important.
  • There were times that I should have noticed what was going on.
  • There were times that I should have stopped what I was doing and listened.


Listening to humans is one thing but listening to GOD is quite a different path. I listened to humans because of fear of a broken relationship or fear of loss of money and went down the wrong paths many times. GOD wants me to act differently.

  • GOD wants to take care of me so I need to listen to HIM.
  • GOD wants to grow me so I need to heed HIS commands.
  • GOD wants to protect me so I need to “go” out and spread HIS message no matter where HE sends me.


Peace and security only comes from GOD. People will lead me to believe that money will bring that security or if I could just get that right job “then” I will have peace. GOD says to me “Pay attention to MY commands and you will have peace like a river.” HE takes care of my well-being and watches over my descendants.

  • Is peace missing out of your life?
  • Are you discontent and complaining to everyone?
  • Will you stop looking and start connecting to GOD’s peace?
  • Will you allow HIS perfect plan to be in effect in your life?


No comments:

Post a Comment