Thursday, March 24, 2016

Go Tell It

Isaiah 63:I will tell of the kindnesses of the Lord,
    the deeds for which he is to be praised,
    according to all the Lord has done for us—
yes, the many good things
    he has done for Israel,
    according to his compassion and many kindnesses.
He said, “Surely they are my people,
    children who will be true to me”;
    and so he became their Savior.
In all their distress he too was distressed,
    and the angel of his presence saved them.
In his love and mercy he redeemed them;
    he lifted them up and carried them
    all the days of old.

============

Hours and hours seemed to drag on and on. I took up pacing for a hobby while I waited. Finally the dealer came out and I had my new car. I immediately drove it to my friends and told them to get in. They enjoyed that new car smell as I took them for a ride. They enjoyed a mix tape I blasted as we zipped down the road.

  • When I have good news I can’t keep it in.
  • When I have good news I want to share it.
  • When I have good news I want everyone around me to enjoy it.


Life, however, does not always make me want to shout from the mountain top. When problems creep in and the river of pain arises I sometimes want to slip back into the abyss of silence. BUT GOD wants me to do something different.

  • GOD wants me to remember what HE has done for me by becoming my Savior.
  • GOD wants me to recognize that HE too is distressed when I go through issues.
  • GOD wants me to reverberate HIS love, mercy and redemption especially when I am going through troubles.


Of course I will be challenged! Of course I will be tempted! GOD has a delusional enemy who was created and thinks he can take over. BUT GOD has already won! HE paved the way for many and has taken on ALL of my sins. HE picked me up even though I turned away from HIM. HE redeemed me and carried me back to HIM.

  • Are you complaining about something to the LORD?
  • Have your prayers turned into nothing but complaints about something else that is wrong?
  • When is the last time you told someone the GOOD NEWS ABOUT CHRIST?
  • Can you take a moment to recognize the depth and breadth of JESUS’ salvation of your soul? 


No comments:

Post a Comment