Monday, March 7, 2016

Using the Gift

Isaiah 50:The Sovereign Lord has given me a well-instructed tongue,
    to know the word that sustains the weary.
He wakens me morning by morning,
    wakens my ear to listen like one being instructed.

-------

Because the Sovereign Lord helps me,
    I will not be disgraced.
Therefore have I set my face like flint,
    and I know I will not be put to shame.

============

Led out to the garage, I saw the huge box. It was a wonderful gift that thrilled my heart. I have not had a chance to use it because I have not assembled it. The gift is hidden from the world, for now.

  • When a gift is given to me the giver expects me to use it.
  • When a gift is given to me the giver expects me to delight in it.
  • When a gift is given to me the giver expects me to thank them for it and perhaps share it with others.


Gifts are given to me with excitement that I will grow closer to the giver. GOD has also given me gifts. HE has provided me with talents that HE expects me to use. HE was excited when HE gave me the gift and wants me to open up the package and use the gift.

  • GOD has given me a well-instructed tongue to know the word that sustains the weary.
  • GOD has given me a home to share with my neighbors who need to hear that word.
  • GOD has given me another day to listen to HIM and to use my gifts for HIS glory.


Each gift I use for HIS purpose brings delight to HIS heart. HE helps me and I will not be disgraced. HE tells me to “go” forth and I proceed without shame. GOD gets the glory when I use the gifts HE has given me.

  • Are you hiding the gifts GOD has given you?
  • Do you have more talents that you do not know about that are hidden because you are not using your current gifts for GOD?
  • What are you afraid of?
  • Can you go out and use your gifts for GOD today and not worry about shame or disgrace?


No comments:

Post a Comment