Friday, March 11, 2016

Redeemed From Abandonment

Isaiah 54:“For a brief moment I abandoned you,
    but with deep compassion I will bring you back.
In a surge of anger
    I hid my face from you for a moment,
but with everlasting kindness
    I will have compassion on you,”
    says the Lord your Redeemer.

============

Crying was the only tactic I could pull off at that time. I ran to the parking lot and there was no bus. The group I had arrived with left without me. I felt abandoned. When I won awards and accolades I was surrounded at work. When a new group of leaders came in, no one came around me. I felt abandoned again.

  • Sometimes I have felt abandoned.
  • Sometimes I have felt left behind.
  • Sometimes I have felt lost and alone with no one to guide me.


Trusted people have dropped me out of their lives which left me with the feeling of abandonment, even when I cried out to GOD, it felt like HIS silence was deafening. BUT GOD said “I AM here.”

  • When I stopped following GOD, HE allowed me to feel abandoned.
  • When I sought GOD’s face HE welcomed me back with open arms.
  • When I sought my own path GOD hid HIS face from me.
  • When I asked HIM for forgiveness HE poured it out on me like a flood.


Even when GOD allows me to step away from HIM for a minute, HE never leaves me. HE carefully watches over me and still provides for me. HE brings me back to HIM because I would not seek HIS face. HE washes me up and gives me everlasting kindness. GOD is my redeemer.

  • Are you lonely even in a crowd?
  • Has a trusted person abandoned you?
  • Can you forgive that person even though you may never forget?
  • Will you allow GOD to bring you back to HIM so HE can pour out HIS everlasting kindness on you?


No comments:

Post a Comment