Tuesday, March 1, 2016

What is Said Will Be Done

Isaiah 46: 11 From the east I summon a bird of prey;
    from a far-off land, a man to fulfill my purpose.
What I have said, that I will bring about;
    what I have planned, that I will do.
12 Listen to me, you stubborn-hearted,
    you who are now far from my righteousness.
13 I am bringing my righteousness near,
    it is not far away;
    and my salvation will not be delayed.
I will grant salvation to Zion,
    my splendor to Israel.

============

“I will be there in about forty five minutes” I said. When I jumped on the road there was road construction and I made it to my destination thirty minutes late. “I will buy a new suit” I thought to myself.  On my way home, my transmission went out and I no longer had the funds to buy anything for a long time. My predictions don’t always come true.

  • Some things are out of my control.
  • Some circumstances are not mine to predict.
  • Some situations pop up that I could never foresee.


Even when I planned ahead and walked the line as carefully as I could, it seemed like some “unforeseen” circumstance would appear that was out of my control which would make me have unresolved worry. What was I to do?

  • GOD says to me “Depend only on MY plans for what I have said that I will bring about.”
  • GOD says to me “Place your trust in ME for what I have planned that I will do.”
  • GOD says to me “Listen to ME, you stubborn-hearted, you who are now far from MY righteousness, I AM bringing MY righteousness near, it is not far away.”


Trust in GOD means I have to drop my stubbornness to follow HIS plan. HE is the only one who can save me. I have no ability within myself to get where I am going. GOD can choose to send me here and there and I must be willing to go where HE leads me. HIS salvation is far greater than anything I can do. I place my trust in HIM.

  • What do you place your trust in?
  • Are you filled with mistrust, fear and doubt?
  • Can you drop your stubbornness and your fight and place your trust in GOD?
  • Will you look to HIM for HIS nearby salvation?


No comments:

Post a Comment