Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Make HIM Bigger


Isaiah 66: This is what the Lord says:
“Heaven is my throne,
    and the earth is my footstool.
Where is the house you will build for me?
    Where will my resting place be?
Has not my hand made all these things,
    and so they came into being?”
declares the Lord.
“These are the ones I look on with favor:
    those who are humble and contrite in spirit,
    and who tremble at my word.

============

Searching all over the house, I could not find my keys. I said a quick prayer “LORD help me” and in a moment I got a thought to look on the side of the bed and there they were. Another time, I could not get a bolt off of the car I was fixing. “LORD help me” were my words and soon the bolt eased its stubbornness and subsided. But when a large problem occurred I said “I wonder if I should even pray.”

  • There were times when I thought GOD was small.
  • There were times when I thought GOD was nothing but a punisher.
  • There were times when I thought GOD was the “Man Upstairs” not paying attention to my needs.


Relegating GOD only to small tasks of finding keys or helping me fix a car or turning off the oven when I left to go to work became the norm. My faith in GOD soon followed. I did not believe HE could solve large problems because I never gave HIM the chance. BUT GOD was graceful to me.

  • GOD placed me in situations where I had to trust HIM and HE did what HE said.
  • GOD put me in circumstances where I had to believe only in HIM because there was nowhere to turn.
  • GOD sent me to places where it was only me and HIM and I had to see that I was never alone.


Once I realized that GOD could never be contained in a building I soon saw how BIG HE truly is. HE is the GOD of the heavens and the earth. HE has all power and is everywhere. HE knows all, sees all and is in all, yet HE is concerned about finding my keys as well as any large issue I face. All HE wants from me is to love HIM through understanding HIS ways in HIS Word. That is humbling.

  • Are you making GOD small by not asking HIM to meet or exceed your needs?
  • Will you allow HIM to meet your needs in HIS time?
  • Can you open your eyes around you and see just how large HE truly is?
  • Will you allow HIM to grow you?



No comments:

Post a Comment