Wednesday, March 23, 2016

New Name New Identity

Isaiah 62: For Zion’s sake I will not keep silent,
    for Jerusalem’s sake I will not remain quiet,
till her vindication shines out like the dawn,
    her salvation like a blazing torch.
The nations will see your vindication,
    and all kings your glory;
you will be called by a new name
    that the mouth of the Lord will bestow.
You will be a crown of splendor in the Lord’s hand,
    a royal diadem in the hand of your God.
No longer will they call you Deserted,
    or name your land Desolate.
But you will be called Hephzibah,
    and your land Beulah;
for the Lord will take delight in you,
    and your land will be married.

============

“Weakling” was one name the jocks gave me. “Too [insert word]” were the many names the other people gave me. I still remember the names so they must have hurt when people gave them to me. In fact, some of the names made me take a path to clear the name. For “Skinny” I lifted weights until people changed the name to “Muscles” but soon I found no kingdom merit in that name. What name should I seek?

  • Sometimes I seek names from other people.
  • Sometimes the names other people give me hurt instead of helps.
  • Sometimes I may be seeking the wrong name when I should be seeking another name.


“Famous” or “Wealthy” or “Party Animal” were all names I sought after to clear the other names I had been called over the years. After becoming all of the above I received no merit in those names. I was famous at one place and wealthy amongst my peers but my life was pointing to me and had no “fruit.”  GOD wanted me on a new path.

  • GOD said to me “Go feed my sheep” which meant I had to have the name of “Teacher” to be ready to feed people from GOD’s word.
  • GOD said to me “Pray for the multitudes I send you” which meant I needed the name “Understanding” to be able to reach people of many nations.
  • GOD said to me “Forgive them” which meant I had to obtain the name “Gracious” which means pointing all towards the SON instead of pointing them to me.


With a new name came a new identity. I had to walk with GOD as I talked with HIM. I had to actually have faith, not just talk about belief and hiding behind my wealth. If I wanted GOD’s fruit I had to obtain it HIS way, not mine. “Arrogant” had to be exchanged for “Humble”. GOD demanded major changes in my life and I bow to those changes. I have not arrived, but I’m on my way to my new name.

  • Are you trying to make a name for yourself?
  • Do you want to prove yourself to other people?
  • Can you take a step back and seek the name GOD has for you?


No comments:

Post a Comment