Friday, March 25, 2016

Recognizing the Need to Ask

Isaiah 64: All of us have become like one who is unclean,
    and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags;
we all shrivel up like a leaf,
    and like the wind our sins sweep us away.
No one calls on your name
    or strives to lay hold of you;
for you have hidden your face from us
    and have given us over to our sins.
Yet you, Lord, are our Father.
    We are the clay, you are the potter;
    we are all the work of your hand.
Do not be angry beyond measure, Lord;
    do not remember our sins forever.
Oh, look on us, we pray,
    for we are all your people.

============

Arriving to perfection is something I strived for. I mean I had dropped off about 85% of the sins I did before, sometimes 90%. I attended church weekly, almost all the time. I read the Bible and gave biblical advice. When stuff around me still fell down I asked “Why?”

  • At one time I had false thinking that “I” could be perfect.
  • At one time I thought perfection was something to strive for.
  • At one time I had the thought that I controlled GOD by my self-declared righteous acts.


Who wants another lesson or a spanking from GOD, not me! I thought that if I were to act “good” then nothing “bad” would happen to me. On the contrary… as soon as I said to GOD “I want to live more for YOU” it seemed like everything started falling apart. Money, fame and relationships disintegrated and I had more questions than answers.

  • When I live for GOD I have to realize my righteous acts are coming from a sinful perspective.
  • When I live for GOD I must know that perfection is out of my reach but is granted only by HIM.
  • When I live for GOD I must recognize the need to “Ask” versus telling HIM what I need.


Assuming I know what I need and placing GOD’s name on it is worse than simply asking HIM and letting HIM dictate my direction. Becoming clay means I allow GOD to mold me in HIS likeness which means HE is allowed to take things away from me HE feels I do not need.

My trust grows as I allow HIM to mold me and shape me daily. I “Ask” that HE comes into my life more and more, erasing sins that I did not know I even had. Asking means I recognize the need for help and that help only comes from GOD.

  • Do you feel you can reach perfection?
  • Are you “on your way?”
  • Can you stop seeking for self-perfection and self-preservation and seek GOD for a change?
  • Will you allow HIM to mold you so HE can instill joy, trust and faith in you?


No comments:

Post a Comment