Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Anyone is Welcome

Isaiah 56: For this is what the Lord says:
“To the eunuchs who keep my Sabbaths,
    who choose what pleases me
    and hold fast to my covenant—
to them I will give within my temple and its walls
    a memorial and a name
    better than sons and daughters;
I will give them an everlasting name
    that will endure forever.

============

Holes in my pants kept me from being best dressed, although I confidently wore them in college and fit in. When I arrived at a church with holey pants I did not fit in again. What was going on?

  • There were times that I did not feel like I fit into “church.”
  • There were some protocols of “church” I disagreed with.
  • There were behaviors of “church” I did not feel comfortable with.


My suit was too small because I had not bought one nor had one bought for me since high school. I was appalled at the sneers at my clothing. Someone offered to buy me some clothes and that set me on a path that I stand on to this day. Anyone should be welcome, regardless of appearance.

  • GOD says to me “Welcome everyone, no matter how different they appear to me.”
  • GOD says to me “Love everyone I send to you.”
  • GOD says to me “Go where I send you and give them MY word so I may bless them.”


Since then, I noticed people as being people. What clothes or skin they wear does not matter. GOD wants “all” humans to come back to HIM. HE wants me to be open to serving everyone, not just those who I feel comfortable with.

  • Look around, are you serving people who are different than you?
  • Have you been sent to a different group of people than yourself?
  • Have you welcomed a person who dresses different into your circle?
  • Can you allow GOD to send people to you who have differences but love HIM?


No comments:

Post a Comment