Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Removing Obstacles

Isaiah 57: 14 And it will be said:
“Build up, build up, prepare the road!
    Remove the obstacles out of the way of my people.”
15 For this is what the high and exalted One says—
    he who lives forever, whose name is holy:
“I live in a high and holy place,
    but also with the one who is contrite and lowly in spirit,
to revive the spirit of the lowly
    and to revive the heart of the contrite.
16 I will not accuse them forever,
    nor will I always be angry,
for then they would faint away because of me—
    the very people I have created.

============

Sleep could not find me; rest hid its face as well. I tossed and turned trying to think of how to solve a problem at work and I just could not think of the answer. Suddenly I got the answer in the middle of the night. I was so excited that I got up and wrote down the answer. The next day I went into work only to find the rules had changed and another obstacle was put in place.

  • Many times I have faced obstacles.
  • Many times the road seemed impossible to travel.
  • Many times it seemed like giving up was the best option.


“Why try if ‘they’ are going to make up new rules on the fly?” I thought to myself. I mean sometimes the obstacles seem too large and come too often. Shouldn’t I just run and hide in a cave, never to talk to anyone again? I mean, why try?

  • GOD said to me “I will prepare your road for you.”
  • GOD said to me “I will remove the obstacles out of your way.”
  • GOD said to me “I will revive your spirit for MY sake. I know your sins and I will not accuse your of them forever.”


After the rules changed once too often, the leadership was removed and soon I had a group of people who seemed to be helpful rather than accusatory. I could thrive and the barriers were removed without me lifting a finger. GOD made me realize that I sometimes place barriers in the way of others and I should remove them as much as possible. In spite of being sinful, GOD blesses me anyway.

  • Are you facing obstacles?
  • Do you feel like giving up?
  • Can you stop being angry at GOD for a moment to notice HIS compassion?
  • Will you allow HIM to remove the obstacle in HIS time?
  • Can you be content with where HE has you until HE removes the barrier you are facing?


No comments:

Post a Comment