Wednesday, March 30, 2016

HE is Calling You

Jeremiah 1:The word of the Lord came to me, saying,
“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,
    before you were born I set you apart;
    I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.”
“Alas, Sovereign Lord,” I said, “I do not know how to speak; I am too young.”
But the Lord said to me, “Do not say, ‘I am too young.’ You must go to everyone I send you to and say whatever I command you. Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you,” declares the Lord.

-------

16 I will pronounce my judgments on my people
    because of their wickedness in forsaking me,
in burning incense to other gods
    and in worshiping what their hands have made.

============

“Teach MY people” was the overwhelming desire that came over me. I felt this sensation to teach about GOD, but I had not read the Bible. How in the world was I qualified to “teach?” I asked.

  • Sometimes when I am called I do not want to answer.
  • Sometimes when I am called I make up all kinds of excuses.
  • Sometimes when I am called I think of ways to get out of my calling.


Putting GOD in a box means I can only see what I can see. If HE is inside a box, then I cannot see HIS wonderful power working inside of me. I also cannot see the wrong things I am doing. “The Man Upstairs” or “The Universe” are labels I can put on GOD to make HIM useless, unattached and uncaring. BUT GOD wants a different kind of relationship with me.

  • GOD wants me to talk about HIS word no matter what knowledge level I have.
  • GOD wants me to speak about HIS SON to bring everyone HE sends me back to HIM.
  • GOD wants me to tell people about HIS word no matter how difficult the words may be.


When GOD calls me I should answer. HIS route is usually more difficult, more embarrassing and one that I would not have taken. BUT GOD blesses me each time I choose HIS way. HE opens my eyes to my own sins meanwhile consecrating me to do HIS bidding. HE blesses each step and carries me to the finish line. GOD has a wonderful plan for me!

  • Are you turning away from GOD?
  • Are you making up excuses?
  • Will you allow GOD to change your life for HIM?


No comments:

Post a Comment