Monday, March 21, 2016

No More Ruin

Isaiah 60: 18 No longer will violence be heard in your land,
    nor ruin or destruction within your borders,
but you will call your walls Salvation
    and your gates Praise.
19 The sun will no more be your light by day,
    nor will the brightness of the moon shine on you,
for the Lord will be your everlasting light,
    and your God will be your glory.

============

“I AM going to ruin you” were the words I heard as I prayed about my situation.  “Ruin” I thought to myself. Why ruin me? I mean haven’t I done X, Y and Z? This was not the best choice of words during an already stressful time. I expected GOD to say to me “Everything will be fine or don’t worry” instead HE told me to “Pray for my enemies.” Wait a minute, what about me?

  • As a young follower of GOD I thought nothing should go wrong?
  • As an immature follower of GOD I thought everything should go my way and I could act any old way towards anyone and still be forgiven and blessed.
  • As an infantile flower of GOD I never thought I would hear the words “I AM going to ruin you.”

I don’t think I uttered these words to people around me. I mean I was used to being on top and having many people praise “me” for my stature. I was on the very top and I loved the respect it brought. Who wants to be “low” again?

  • Looking back I can see GOD wanted me to see HIM no matter where HE took me.
  • Looking back I can see GOD wanted to remove distractions to doing HIS will.
  • Looking back I can see GOD wanted me to have a real relationship with HIM, not one that only depended on HIM giving me everything I wanted, like a spoiled brat.

GOD only “ruins” HIS children for a short time, otherwise who would stand. HE wants me to depend upon HIS salvation and have true praise within my walls. HE wants me to look on HIS everlasting light and know I am protected only by HIM.
  • Is GOD ruining you?
  • Are you squirming because it seems hard and difficult?
  • Will you stop squirming and know HE is making you stronger?
  • Will you allow HIM to grow you up for HIS purposes?


No comments:

Post a Comment