Tuesday, March 22, 2016

An Undeserved Reward

Isaiah 61: Instead of your shame
    you will receive a double portion,
and instead of disgrace
    you will rejoice in your inheritance.
And so you will inherit a double portion in your land,
    and everlasting joy will be yours.
“For I, the Lord, love justice;
    I hate robbery and wrongdoing.
In my faithfulness I will reward my people
    and make an everlasting covenant with them.
Their descendants will be known among the nations
    and their offspring among the peoples.
All who see them will acknowledge
    that they are a people the Lord has blessed.”

============

Struggling to find the correct answer, I simply could not get the mathematics right. I turned in my test and walked away with a sinking feeling. A few days later when I got the test back, I was shocked to see an “A” on the top. The teacher dug through my work and saw where I made my multiplication error and gave me full credit for the problem.

  • Life has many problems.
  • Life sometimes is a struggle to be perfect and correct.
  • Life can have moments of shame, loss or pain.


Just like the math problem, there were times in my life where I tried to get everything right, but missed something and got “it” wrong. Then when I would try to correct the flub, the bell would ring and the period would be over. Will my sins be permanent? No!

  • GOD says to me “Instead of your shame you will receive a double portion.”
  • GOD says to me “Instead of your disgrace you will receive in your inheritance.”
  • GOD says to me “Everlasting Joy will be yours.”


The LORD loves justice and HE is the only one who is just. HE hates those who are robbers of peace and providers of wrongdoing. HE pardons me for all my wrongs and does something spectacular. HE rewards me instead of punishing me because of HIS faithfulness. GOD has removed my disgrace and shown to people HE is the way!

  • Do you feel disgraced?
  • Do you feel like hiding?
  • Can you come out of hiding and proclaim GOD?
  • Will you shout how great GOD is instead of complaining today?


No comments:

Post a Comment